Thursday, July 06, 2006

MD Election 2006 - Oh yeah, it's on.

This season will be for the political junkie in Maryland - regardless of red-blue hue - a rolling, undulating feast the likes of which has not been seen since James Michener described our beloved Bay in Chesapeake. An incumbent Republican governor against a dynamic but baggage-laden young Democrat, a Senate race guaranteed to include at least one and quite possibly two African-American candidates, a swarm of ambition, intrigue and treachery in local races. Ah. The buffet is open, dig in.

Since I have been a little sparse here, I will update on my activities. I have found it difficult to keep my own blogging "front yard" in order due to time constraints. I have joined an "alliance" of mostly conservative bloggers in MD, dragging their political center mathematically towards my own cranky liberal/libertarian bent, but unlike FSP they do not post a common blog. Am most honored to have received Breaking Blue posting privileges from MyDD's Matt Stoller for Maryland matters; accordingly I will be posting first on my blog, then here, then on MyDD for many of my broad updates/comments/snarks.

Finally, I would like to arrange a "blogger's ethics conference" of Maryland bloggers, at a minimum the honorable posters here, to hang out and get acquainted while drinking beer. Or coffee. Or mineral water, as preferences may hold. Was thinking my place in Reisterstown but maybe a centrally located bar or coffee shop or the like in Baltimore, Laurel or Burtonsville or elsewhere might be better.

My best to all and good blogging, we junkies are about to feast....

3 Comments:

Blogger MoCoPolitics said...

I'm impressed that you managed to use the words undulating, treachery, and ethics in the same blog post. Who says blogs aren't a place for high-minded debate?

7/06/2006 04:06:00 PM  
Blogger OnBackground said...

"Treachery" -- where? I'd love to hear more about treachery!

7/07/2006 05:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Treachery, like lechery, is a human given.

7/08/2006 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home